Alopecia is a medical term that defines hair loss. Hair loss can be either temporary on permanent. Although hair loss is a normal everyday phenomenon that promotes hair re-growth, during autumn and winter or under certain circumstances hair loss may aggravate seriously, something that may cause upset.
Temporary alopecia may be caused by several factors most of which are reversible or treatable.
• Quick weight loss or strict diets that exclude main food groups may cause hair loss, because of lack of nutrients that contribute to hair health like essential amino acids and several minerals (methionine, cysteine).
• Iron deficiency anemia can also cause hair loss. As someone restores iron levels, hair growth and production returns back to normal.
• Sun exposure and oxidative stress cause destruction of the scalp and hair. Thus, you may choose special suncare products for hair.
• Chemical hairstyle products and high temperature of hair dryers destroy hair. Choose natural shampoos and hair products.
• It has been observed that people who are very anxious and experience a period of great stress have also increased hair loss.
• Pregnancy and lactation are periods that can also cause postpartum hair loss. Increased fatigue, insomnia and anxiety experienced by the mother in the last months of pregnancy and in the first months of breastfeeding are some of the reason that link hair loss with these periods of life. Although, hairloss is temporary and may last up to 3 months after birth.
• Prolactin and melatonin levels can also affect hair. In summer, because the duration of light is quite bigger, hair live longer regarding winter period.
Key points for the prevention and treatment of seasonal hair loss is diet and the application of special care products for the scalp and hair.
Tips for healthy hair!
• Do not exclude food groups from your diet. A balanced diet prevents hair loss.
• In order to better treat and take care of your hair, during autumn and winter take dietary hair supplement.
• You better prefer natural hair dyes without ammonia.
• Choose shampoos, specialized treatments and lotions that promote hair growth while also nourish and help hair production and growth, by providing all the necessary nutrients to the scalp.
• Massaging with natural oils like laurel, sage or rosemary, you stimulate microcirculation and strengthen hair.