It is very common for children to get lice during summer holidays, kindergarten or school. According to studies, 4 out of 10 children are getting lice every year. Apart from the use of special lice repellent products, which are necessary to prevent lice transmission, there are also some tips that can help you prevent head lice.
- Lice can be transmitted from one child to another as they touch their head, play, embrace or sleep together. There is a false belief that lice are flying, which is not the case. The transmission is through direct contact, so tell your child to avoid it as much as possible.
- Lice can also be transmitted by the exchange of objects (ribbons, caps, brushes, hats, etc.), but they can not survive more than 4 to 36 hours away from the human body. Put in a plastic bag, the brush and the items that may have come into contact with lice and after a few days use it again after washing them well with warm water and vinegar.
- If the kids are going to play together or are invited to a party, we remind them not to lie down on the bed or on the carpets.
- The best prevention is regular control! Once a week, look for your child’s head with a special comb, with emphasis behind the ears and at the base of the throat, whether it is itchy or not. The sooner you discover that the child got lice, the easier it will be to deal with it and of course, prevent it from spreading across the family.
- Use daily, morning-afternoon anti-lice products that repel lice. Do not forget that their action does not last all day. If you apply in the morning when the child goes to school, you will have to reapply in the afternoon.
Nevertheless, even if you do everything right, the chances of your child to get lice are big. Without panic, take a special comb and an anti-lice product, so you can easily and quickly cope with this tiny enemy. In Vita4you you can find everything you need for effective anti-lice protection.