Summer came are you a step before going to the beach? Your skin, however, is still white from winter and you are looking for the ideal self-tanning product that will give your skin a natural golden look in just a few hours. Tanning enhances the beauty, as it hides imperfections and stretch marks, reduces oiliness, making skin look more appealing. Discover secrets to achieve natural self-tanning without the sun!
Advantages of self-tightening products
Even though the sun is good for overall health and mood, its negative effect on skin health is now known, as it significantly increases the risk of cancer. You no longer have to do solarium or spend endless hours in the sun. With a self-tanning product, within a few hours, you can get rid of the white color of your skin safely.
How self-tan products work
The main active ingredient of most self-tanning cosmetics is DHA (dihydroxyacetone), a substance that has been approved by the FDA and is the “healthy” tanning alternative without exposure to the sun. It is a substance derived from sugarcane and acts on the surface cells of the skin. DHA reacts with proteins resulting in color change.
Each product, depending on its composition in DHA and the rest of ingredients, results in a different shade of skin. Its action is immediate, as in just a few hours the skin begins to gain a golden look. The result is temporary as it does not last for more than 5-10 days, depending on the rate of renewal of the cells of each organism.
Tips for fast, uniform tanning
- Before applying self-tan, you must have shaved and peeled off your skin, at least 24 hours before skin
- Moisturise your skin removing any excess of oiliness
- If you do not use self-tamping spray, use gloves to avoid any hand coloration and achieve a more uniform effect.
- Emphasize on hidden body parts such as neck, ears and fingers. Avoid bathing for the next 10 hours.
- Prefer the night to take advantage of the night.
- Wear for the first hours, thick dark-colored clothes that come very little in contact with the skin.
- In case you want to remove it, do a hot bath and exfoliate your skin.
Self-tanning products do not provide sun protection, although the skin is tanned. For this reason, it is recommended that they are used occasionally and always be applied with a sunscreen product as they only cause coloring and not natural tanning of the skin with increased melanin production.
In Vita4you you can find a wide range of sunless self-tanning products.