In the summer, when clothes are lighter and the body is more exposed, many people tend to feel uncomfortable. This emotional state should not lead to extreme behaviors and eating disorders!
Usually, there is intense stress to get a shapely body for the holidays, which leads to exhausting or unorthodox diets, which ultimately lead to the opposite of the desired results. Ideally, you should take care of your body and diet all year round, not just during the summer months! But it’s never too late for a change, as long as it’s done in the right and healthy way!
What are the summer tips?
- Don’t miss meals! Elevated temperature reduces the feeling of hunger. As a result, on a cold night, there is a strong desire for a rich and unique meal. This option does not help in trying to lose weight! That’s why it is recommended to plan meals properly, with the main and intermediate meals.
- Variety of vegetables and fruits! This way you get all the nutrients your body needs! Especially in summer there is a huge variety of fresh vegetables and delicious fruits. The combinations are inexhaustible and nutrition will be a creative activity!
- Juice or smoothie? A new and popular trend is smoothies! In this way, we consume the whole fruit, it contains more fiber and is a good source of protein. Try this season: ½ iced banana, 3 iced cherries, 2-3 iced strawberries and 1 glass of milk in the blender!
Limit snacking! Eating small, regular meals, the well-known snacking, can increase your daily calorie intake. Caution is needed, as scheduled snacks are essential in our diet!
- Opportunity for exercise! In the summer, there are many opportunities for exercise, whether swimming and water sports or evening walks. Physical activity is a prerequisite for a healthy body. It is commonly accepted that in weight loss and weight maintenance, exercise plays an important role! Choose the exercise that pleases you the most and include it in your weekly routine.
- Don’t forget water! High temperatures increase sweating and the body’s need for hydration! So make sure you consume enough water to keep your body hydrated. You can have with you a water bottle, which will keep you hydrated, while at the same time you will not burden the environment with plastic!
What are the alternatives?
According to a meta-analysis of clinical trials, supplementation with cinnamon appears to help reduce body weight as well as reduce body mass index (BMI). Cinnamon contains ingredients that help delay stomach emptying. It also helps control blood sugar better, preventing hyper- and hypoglycemia, which can lead to snacking!
Also, the green tea Matcha seems to have a beneficial effect on body weight. This green tea is grown in Asia and grown in a shady environment, while the young leaves of the tea are collected after 3 weeks. Thus, Matcha tea, compared to green tea, is particularly rich in nutrients. The epithelial arteries it contains appear to affect human metabolism. In addition, they help to improve it, resulting in an increase in daily burns.
In any case, it is a good idea to try to lose weight, change your eating habits and get involved in exercise. Nutritionists’ guidance is important.
You can do anything, as long as you decide!
At Vita4you.gr you will find a variety of herbal dietary supplements!
- Yazdanpanah et al., (2019), Effects of cinnamon supplementation on body weight and composition in adults: A systematic review and meta‐analysis of controlled clinical trials, Phytotherapy Research.
- Mousavi et al., (2019), Cinnamon supplementation positively affects obesity: A systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials, Clinical Nutrition.
- Yoneshiro et al., (2017), Tea catechin and caffeine activate brown adipose tissue and increase cold-induced thermogenic capacity in humans, Am J Clin Nutr.
- Willems et al., (2018) Matcha Green Tea Drinks Enhance Fat Oxidation During Brisk Walking in Females, International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism.