It is not a few times that a beautiful summer evening was ruined due to some uninvited guests!
Undoubtedly, mosquitoes every year always find a way to spoil our mood. For us the best way to avoid mosquito bites is to make sure they disappear completely from our space. But how can we achieve this with natural and not chemical means?
- Plant pots: Plants such as fresh mint, rosemary, marigold and honeysuckle can repel mosquitoes to some extent.
- Lavender essential oil: Mosquitoes hate it. So you can water it with some ribbons, which you will hang around the place where you are sitting.
- Rosemary on the … grill: Do you have a grill or bbq lit where you sit? Try adding a little dried rosemary, to burn and smell, but also to flavor your food! Mosquitoes can not stand it at all.
- Use yellow light bulbs for outdoor lighting that attract less mosquitoes than ordinary light bulbs.
- Put basil leaves in a bowl and rub them a little to “get out” their aroma. Add a little vinegar and mix. Leave it next to you or if you want to spread with this mixture.
- A well-known insect repellent solution is also the fans, especially the ceiling fans. Studies have shown that air is very effective in repelling mosquitoes and other insects. The fan creates an air wave, which prevents insects from flying and landing next to or above us.
This summer, get rid of unwanted guests and enjoy quiet evenings on the terrace with only your loved ones.
At Vita4you.gr you will find the Fleria mosquito repellent series!