Do you want to get rid of oily skin, clogged pores and shine? For healthy skin with a matte effect, learn the following 6 steps!
Oily skin, what is it?
Sebum is produced by the pores. Sebum production is essential for the health of the skin, as it serves to protect it from external factors (sun, air, etc.) and to shield skin moisture. By this, the skin retains its hydrolipidic balance and remains hydrated.
If this balance is disturbed, then the skin produces an excessive amount of sebum, resulting in clogging the pores, creating greasiness, dark spots and pimples. The causes of oiliness vary from person to person, but as a general rule we would say that greasiness is due to:
- Hormonal disorders or polycystic ovaries
- Excessive dehydration
- Bad use of cleaning products
- Inappropriate makeup products
Usually, oiliness is observed at younger ages. As we age, the ability or the skin to maintain its balance decreases and thus it becomes dehydrated, dry and more vulnerable.
What is the “T” zone
It is the area of the face where most sebaceous glands exist and usually, it is where the greatest greasy problem is detected. It concerns the forehead, the middle eye area, the nose and the chin.
6 steps for a healthy and matte skin
1. Do not exaggerate with peeling and cleaning. Even if the skin’s cleanness is essential, exaggeration leads to opposite effects. The more the oiliness of the skin is removed, the epidermis reactively tries to restore the balance and produces more sebum. Clean your skin every morning and evening and exfoliate 1 to 2 times a week, depending on your needs.
2. Use suitable cleansers for greasy skins. Emphasize on non-greasy detergents that aim to reduce sebum production without dehydrating the skin and leaving it exposed. Choose gels or lotions, avoiding emulsions.
3. Hydrate your skin even if it is greasy! Τhe skin needs daily hydration. Choose special products, creams or serums, for oily skins or products for acne-prone skins. They have light, non-greasy textures, they moisturize the skin without causing clogging and black spots.
4. Remove the dark spots with special masks. Frequent exfoliation is usually not enough to reduce unwanted black spots. As this can increase the problem of greasiness, choose special masks that clean the pores in depth, offering matte appearance.
5. Use oil-free sunscreen. Sun can dehydrate the skin and exacerbate the oiliness. Choose matte sunscreens for oily skin or acne-prone skins. Thin textures allow the skin to breathe while protecting you from the harmful effects of the sun.
6. Use non-greasy cosmetics. It is easy with the right makeup to camouflage greasiness, however using improper makeup products, you can aggravate the problem. Choose products that are oil-free or non-comedogenic. Never forget to clean your face and makeup at the end of the day, making your daily beauty routine.
Find in Vita4you products for a beautiful and matte skin!