Walnuts are one of the most healthiest foods Despite their high nutritional value, many people avoid to eat them. But, what are the benefits of these nutritious nuts?
As nuts are rich in omega-3, omega-6 fatty and monounsaturated fatty acids such as linoleic and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). They provide protein and fibers and contain significant quantities of trace elements such as folic acid, potassium, magnesium, vitamin E and polyphenols. They contain traces of carbohydrates and are rich in energy, about 65 calories per 10g.
Health benefits of walnuts
• Support cardiovascular health, thanks to their composition in polyunsaturated omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. Large studies have revealed that people who consume large quantities of nuts have lower risk of developing metabolic diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease and cancer.
• Reduce total and LDL cholesterol levels.
• Reduce oxidative stress thanks to vitamin E.
• Provide anti-inflammatory properties.
• The oil of walnuts is highly nutritious and is used both as food and for cosmetic purposes, such as treating dry skin.
• Improve bowel movement thanks to fiber content while also provide satiety and support weight maintenance.
You can use walnuts:
- At your breakfast along with cereals.
- In brunch along with fruits and yoghurt
- In fresh green salads with beetroots
- In the main meal with meat and dried fruits.
You can find organic nuts here.