Ashwagandha or otherwise withania somnifera is considered as the miraculous herb of Ayurveda. It was used as a therapeutic plant. The name ashwagandha derives from the words “ashwa” meaning horse and “gandha” meaning smell, because the smell of root resembles the smell of a sweaty horse. Ashwagandha reduces stress, anxiety, panic and insomnia. It’s active ingredients are vitamins, minerals, flavonoids, withanolides, alkaloids, choline, fatty acids and sugars.
- Relieves from fatigue and stress
- Enhances libido
- Stimulates body
- Sedative, relieveΣ stress and promotes quality and undisturbed sleep
- Stimulant. Also known as Indian ginseng. Stimulates appetite and digestion. Particularly useful in the elderly and chronically ill people
- Improves memory and concentration, and helps patients with Alzheimer
- Antioxidant, counteacts free radicals and protects organs from damage
- Boosts immune system and the accelerates illness recovey
- Boosts libido in men and women
- Hormonal balance
- Prevents graying of hair.
- Favors the production of milk in nursing mothers.
- Reduces cholesterol
- Useful for anemia due to its high content of iron.
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer activity. Investigations have shown that the withanolides, which are substances similar to steroid hormones of the body, have potent anti-inflammatory activity and inhibit tumor cell growth planned.